Christmas is a time when lots of us are lonely, and likely people around you will be suffering behind closed doors.
We can all make a difference by taking the time to have a chat, and what better excuse than by gifting a delicious baked good!
So, here’s the challenge: can we connect our communities this Christmas over #mincepiemoments?
Fill in the form below to sign up now and we’ll send you a free step-by-step guide for how to get involved, plus a recipe for perfect mince pies for ambitious bakers!
Thanks for signing up!
We’re really happy that you’re joining in our efforts to help fight loneliness across Britain this Christmas.
Here are a few ways you can get started:
(1) Get others involved: See who else in your community would like to join in for a Christmas Get Together. It could be family, friends, neighbours or members of a community group you’re part of.
You should share with your Facebook friends:
(2) Who will benefit? This is your opportunity to help fight loneliness. Think about who would benefit from a quick chat and a tasty mince pie (other than yourself of course)!
– Deliver mince pies to your neighbours (shop bought or baked at home) and take it as an opportunity to strike up a conversation.
– Know someone who will be alone over the christmas period? Invite them over and make it the more the merrier.
– Organise a community Christmas meal — which Jo’s sister, Kim, is doing in Batley — just don’t forget the mince pies.
– Invite your neighbours round for a get together (a number of you suggested mince pies and samosas could be the perfect combination) and make new friends!
No moment is too big or small to be part of #MincePieMoments.
(4) Take a look at our How-To’s and our FAQs: We’ve got some great ideas and recipes to help you organise your #MincePieMoments, plus some inspiring examples of community get togethers to get you motivated.
The Great Get Together 2017 was such a success we’ve already started planning for Summer 2018. If you have too, take a look at our tips and resources and sign up for updates on the campaign.Find out more