Christmas is a time when many too people are isolated and alone, but it doesn’t have to be that way!
We want to build on the positive momentum of The Great Get Together, when over 9 million people around the UK gathered together to show we have “more in common”. That’s why this Christmas we’re calling on the country to build closer communities through positive connections by sharing mince pies with each other.
With #MincePieMoments, it only takes a moment and a delicious baked treat to brighten someone’s Christmas. So take this chance to make friends over mince pies and battle the blight of loneliness together.
How to join in
Getting involved with #MincePieMoments is as easy as pie – mince pies, that is!
Four simple steps to join in:
- Decide when you want your #MincePieMoments to happen – anytime between 24-26 December
- Buy your mince pies or you can make your own. Download our pack for amazing recipes from some of our celebrity chefs!
- Head round to your neighbours or wherever you are sharing mince pies.
- Enjoy! And share your photos with us on social media using #MincePieMoments.
Sign up for a pack full of ideas and resources, or scroll down for further inspiration.
Serves: As many or as few as you want
- Mince pies
- A handful of neighbours and friends
- A phone to capture and share your #MincePieMoments