A get together is any gathering of neighbours, friends and those in our communities to celebrate what we have in common. We hope it provides a reason to reach out to those you might not otherwise, and by building new relationships, create stronger communities.
Five simple steps
- Decide when and where is best for you.
- Get the invites out! We’ve got lots of resources to help below.
- Make the food as simple or as fancy as you want. You can ask others to bring something. We’ve also got an activity guide for those of you that like some organised fun.
- Get creative with gingham, our campaign theme.
- Enjoy! And share your photos with us on social media using #GreatGetTogether and #moreincommon.
Sign up for a pack full of ideas and resources, or scroll down for further inspiration.
Serves: As many or as few as you want
- A handful of neighbours and friends
- A nice spot (it could be your front room, street, local park or anywhere)
- A dash of bravery
- A sprinkle of good humour