“Young or old, loneliness doesn’t discriminate. It is something many of us could easily help with. Looking in on a neighbour, visiting an elderly relative or making that call or visit we’ve been promising to a friend we haven’t seen in a long time.”
Jo Cox MP
There are more than 9 million of us who will feel lonely this Christmas. Yet it only takes a minute to make someone’s day.
That’s why the Jo Cox Loneliness Commission is working with Good Morning Britain on their 1 Million Minutes campaign to ask you to pledge just a few minutes of your time to help someone who might be lonely.
With #MincePieMoments, it only takes a moment and a delicious baked treat to brighten someone’s Christmas. So take this chance to make friends over mince pies and start a conversation.
Let’s create millions of #MincePieMoments together!
HOW TO JOIN IN
Getting involved with #MincePieMoments is as easy as pie – mince pies, that is!
Celebrity chef Delia Smith has even shared her secrets to a scrumptious mince pie with us to make sure our #MincePieMoments are extra special.
Fill out the form below to join in with #MincePieMoments.
Four simple steps to join in:
- Decide when you want your #MincePieMoments to happen – anytime between 24-26 December
- Buy your mince pies or you can make your own. Download our pack for amazing recipes from some of our celebrity chefs!
- Head round to your neighbours or wherever you are sharing mince pies.
- Enjoy! And share your photos with us on social media using #MincePieMoments.
Sign up for a pack full of ideas and resources, or scroll down for further inspiration.
Serves: As many or as few as you want
- Mince pies
- A handful of neighbours and friends
- A phone to capture and share your #MincePieMoments