The Great Get Together is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. We believe you have the right to privacy on the web. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Data protection principles
We are committed to processing data in accordance with our responsibilities under the GDPR. Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by The Great Get Together, which is an initiative of More in Common (a non-profit organisation with hubs in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and the United States email@example.com) in association with the Jo Cox Foundation (a registered charity in England and Wales (no. 1170836)).
- Gemma Mortensen (More in Common) and Iona Lawrence (Jo Cox Foundation) take responsibility for The Great Get Together’s ongoing compliance with this policy. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of this policy
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually. Any amendments or updates will be posted as a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. This Policy was last updated 27th March 2018.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us e.g. your email address and other personal information when you sign up;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
The Great Get Together website, like most websites, uses “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
How will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you communications relating to The Great Get Together, which we think may be of interest to you;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- With your consent we may provide third party polling organisations with your data;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- To ensure our processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, The Great Get Together shall maintain a Register of Systems.
- Data is stored and processed within Blue State Digital and Salesforce, these are contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you
- The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the Great Get Together shall be dealt with in a timely manner. You can contact us via email@example.com
- All data processed by The Great Get Together must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (see ICO guidance for more information).
- The Great Get Together shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in The Great Get Together’s systems. You may unsubscribe from The Great Get Together at any time by entering your email address on our unsubscribe page or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not sell or rent your personal data with third party organisations.
The Great Get Together shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by contacting us via email@example.com
- We shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
Archiving / removal
- You may unsubscribe from The Great Get Together at any time by entering your email address on our unsubscribe page or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, we shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this will be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Contacting The Great Get Together
You may contact us at email@example.com.